Getting started with GlobePay only takes a few minutes, and the process is completed online.
Opening a GlobePay Account
The “Apply-now” button is visible on every page of the GlobePay website. Click on the button and follow the instructions. The following information will be requested:
- Legal Form – as per local corporate law
- Login Details – the details that the merchant will utilise to sign into the GlobePay account
- Company Details – general information about the industry, activity, and address of the business as well as registered company number.
- Director Details
· Details of the Person opening the account- if different than Director Details
- Ownership Structure – if applicable, GlobePay needs to be made aware of all stakeholders who own or have control over more than 25% of the company.
- Additional details – general information about the business location and seasonality, expected annual turnover and average transaction amount.
When the checkbox at the bottom of the sign-up page is selected, a 6-digit code is generated and sent to the provided mobile number via text message. The code should be entered in the designated box. Generally, the code should be received within a minute of selecting the box. If a code is not received within this time, click on the resend button.
Once the account is created, an email is generated and sent to the provided email address. The email contains information on Identity Verification.
In accordance with the EU Fourth Money Laundering Directive, all institutions providing financial services are obliged to confirm the identity of a third party before entering into a business relationship. GlobePay is legally required to verify every client’s identity.
Following the Identity Verification process, the merchant will be required to provide legal documents to verify the company’s identity. These documents including:
– One-month business bank statement dated within the last three months.
– ID and proof of address of the corporate legal person.
– ID and proof of address of all shareholders who hold over 25% of the shares.
* Please note:
(i) Acceptable ID documents are a UK Driving License and a passport, and utility bills, local tax bills and bank statements are acceptable for proof of address.
(ii) If your company has more than two legal persons, please upload the documents of at least two legal persons. GlobePay team will review the identity document provided and confirm the completion of the identity verification within 1-3 working days.